Although gas or electric water heaters are less expensive to set up, they will charge you more for their operation and upkeep over the next 5 to 10 years. A solar hot water system might have a somewhat higher upfront cost, but it is less costly to operate in the long term than a gas or electric HWS. Solar energy is renewable and will work in the background whenever the sun arises. Solar energy may be used to power your house and heat your water. Solar is an appealing option for Australian dwellings due to its renewable energy and consistent supply.
What Is A Solar Hot Water System?
Solar water heaters, unlike regular water heaters, do not utilise grid electricity to heat water. Instead, these high-efficiency devices take electricity from the sun using specialised solar panels on your roof. The captured solar energy is then utilised to warm your home’s water. Solar water heaters have historically been quite famous since they reduce your power costs while also allowing you to heat your water with renewable energy. Solar experts heat your water directly and will not provide any additional solar energy to your house.
Individuals are increasingly choosing electrically heated pump water heaters with house solar panel installations. Electric heat pumps require grid energy to heat your water, but when combined with a home solar system, they may still operate on solar power.
How Do Solar Water Heaters Work?
Solar water heating systems may generate sufficient hot water to meet most of your daily household hot water requirements. Solar water heaters are classified into two categories for household and commercial usage:
● Active Solar Water Heaters
Active solar water heaters transport hot water from solar panels, or absorbers, to your residence through pumping. These are often placed in colder locations since the water is maintained in a tank which can be stored inside to avoid freezing.
● Passive Solar Water Heaters
Passive solar water heaters don’t utilise circulation pumps to transfer heated air. Instead, they circulate water through convection, a circulation process in which hotter water rises and cooler water falls.
Why Choose A Solar Hot Water System?
- Electricity costs are growing and are anticipated to climb more in the coming years. Converting to solar is an excellent method to counteract rising power bills. Solar may help you save money on energy costs and pay off the cost of construction in a few years.
- Hot water accounts for a significant portion of your energy expenditures; switching to solar may assist you in reducing your energy usage costs by 50-90%.
- The Australian government offers financial incentives such as STC rebates to assist in lowering purchase expenses.
- Electric and gas-enhanced alternatives are also available to provide a steady hot water supply on gloomy or wet days. Several systems have a manual override switch that may be used to shut off the booster when it is not required.
- For more than ten years, the glasshouse gas emissions from electrical hot water systems have been roughly 28-30 tCO2e. Convert to solar to lower your glasshouse gas emissions and carbon footprint.
- Solar energy is an appealing alternative that may increase the worth of your home. Per an Origin Energy poll, 77% of Australians feel that houses with solar energy are more valuable than those without.
- A solar hot water system may be paired with a solar power system and a battery bank to increase your home’s performance.
- Solar HWS needs low maintenance and is usually serviced every five years. They have an average lifetime of 20 years and may persist for an extended period if adequately maintained.
How Much Money Could A Solar Hot Water System Spare You?
Solar water heaters demand a significant initial expenditure, frequently over $5,000. However, a solar hot water system will gradually begin to pay for itself in decreased utility expenses following installation. Solar water heaters may reduce your water heating costs by 50% to 80%. When you arrive at the end of your solar payback time, your solar water heater will provide almost free hot water for the rest of the program’s life! Furthermore, since there are no moving components, solar water heaters require less maintenance.
Ensure You Purchase Heat Pump Systems From iStore
iStore is an Australian-owned and managed hot water firm that has been in the pump business for over 10 years and offers iStore heat pump systems. iStore has built approximately 20,000 hot water systems in Australia over the past decade and has consistently sought to enhance its products, which are industry-leading heat pump hot-water systems. Furthermore, the iStore journey has been lengthy and deliberate, with a unique design emphasis to ensure the construction of a unit capable of meeting Australian standards. All product advancements are continuously supervised by their experienced staff, with over 75 years of combined industry expertise.
In addition, iterative adjustments have been implemented progressively, but the iStore Heat Pump’s basic architecture has shown to be solid from the outset. iStore ensures excellent post-installation servicing and maintenance using their full-time heat pump service professionals. The iStore heat pump system is cost-effective for the customer with rapid payback, quick and simple to install to get industry adoption and decrease expenses, and dependable. Of course, be flexible enough to deliver hot water as required at the lowest possible running cost.
Among the most significant advantages of a solar water heater is its reliance on the sun’s rays to heat water. As we all know, solar energy is a renewable and sustainable energy source. This eliminates the requirement for power derived from fossil fuels or natural gas. It helps us lower our expenses to increase output and improve our quality of life.